Thursday, March 4, 2010

Dahlia Cookies!

I make these cookies when I need a change from chocolate! they are so so good! and even better warm....(as I suppose most cookies are)

12 Tbl butter (that's 1 and 1/2 cubes)
1 cup. sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
1 tbl ginger
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tea baking soda
1/2 tea salt
1/2 tea cinnamon

Mix all wet ingredients and then stir in the dry ingredents.
If dough is too soft, put in fridge for about 20 minutes.
Roll into 1 inch balls, then roll in a bowl of sugar.
You can flatten the balls if you so desire, but I never do
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

they really are divine, we often get request to make more or pass along the recipe. and if you are scared about buying the molasses and ginger, don't be! I promise you will want to make them again and will be glad you had to buy a big ol' jar of the sticky stuff.

1 comment:

  1. one of these days i will get something on here. sorry, i dont cook much since being pregnant. my dinners consist of: top ramen, spaghetti and scrambled eggs. yummy.

    ReplyDelete