Friday, June 25, 2010

My Dad's Pizza

I'm sorry I haven't posted anything! I am not the biggest blogging fan, I just try and keep up with my blog for our parents. But here it is at last...a post! I know you are all dying in anticipation
So I may be biased, but I think my dad is the greatest cook ever! And I know it is those fabulous Wilcox cooking genes. But this is one our fav's! His pizza recipe. I will not take credit for it at all because he 100% made it up. The dough, sauce and all!

Dough:
1 package,or 1 tablespoon yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 1/2-4 cups flour

Put yeast, warm water and honey in a bowl and let the yeast proof. After proofed, put in mixing bowl with and add salt, olive oil and flour. Knead for a few minutes. Let rise for 1 hour and punch down. Let rise again for 30 minutes and punch down. Split it in half and roll out one of those halves in a cookie sheet, its super hard to transfer. (this recipe makes 2 pizzas). And be liberal with flour while rolling out because it is sticky dough. (we just roll it out on a cookie sheet because we don't have a circle pan. My dad tosses it, but we aren't that tricky).

Sauce:
28 oz. can of tomatoes, Italian style
3 cloves garlic,crushed
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 Tbsp. olive oil

Blend the tomatoes so they aren't chunky ( if you bought diced or whole tomatoes). Lightly brown the crushedd garlic in 3 Tbsp olive oil. Add blended tomatoes and cook over med/ high heat. Add the rest of the ingredients and let it simmer for a half hour.

To put it together you have you dough rolled out. Put the sauce on, then mozzarella cheese. Then top with your favorite toppings!

Cook for about 10-15ish minutes at 450 degrees. It may be a little shorter then 10 or longer then 15, I can't remember. Just check that the crust is golden and the cheese is all melty.

This is our FAV pizza!

(here is one we made when Bryan's brother came to visit)

No comments:

Post a Comment