Wednesday, February 2, 2011

white chicken chili!
I love this soup! yum, my favorite part is the hominy, every time I make this I wonder why I don't make it more often! delicious!
2 chicken breaths
2 cans great northern beans
2 cans chicken broth
1 lg can hominy
1/2 can green chile's
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 oregeno
1/4 tsp cayanne pepper
1 clove garlic minced

Drain and rinse beans and hominy. put all ingredients in crock pot on low for 6-8 hours. just before serving shred chicken breasts and mix into soup. top with sour cream, pepper jack or cheddar cheese (this is optional because it's really good plain)

**my sidenotes** james thought that maybe we could have put in 1/2 tsp cumin instead of a whole tsp. he said it was hot, so you can choose, i don't think it would take away from the flavor.  also i added a whole can of green chile's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment