Tuesday, July 12, 2011

tuna melts!

okay okay, i know that when some people think of, or smell, tuna fish they tend to vomit in their months a little. I admit that I'm not one of those people i actually enjoy a good tuna fish sandwich. but I think that I have finally found the one and only tuna recipe that will swoon tuna fish haters over to from the dark side! this is not your grandmothers tuna loaf! this is really good!

and of course it would be because guess who the recipe came from? pioneer women! and she has yet to steer me wrong when it comes to meal time. here is the link to the recipe (you can even print it out to take the list to the store with you!).

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/06/tuna-melts/

and here our my sweet pics of making it and loving every bite.  the meal was easy, fast and so filling and healthy! and best part, I hardly even remembered I was eating tuna fish!!
see you can't even see the tuna....
 so here is our batch of the veggies, mustard, mayo, and tuna fish.  I dipped a Ritz cracker in this and it was so so good. I even thought that if I ever need an appetizer for a summer shindig, I might make this and just serve it up on crackers, or some good bread.  quick and easy!

and here it is out of the oven, like a I said so quick and easy and so so good!

these were so good and filling! and james loved them so i have a sneeky feeling that kids would eat them too! looks like a gorment grilled cheese! any way, if you are in a bind and don't want to run to your local fast food joint give these a whirl! they were a nice refreshing meal!! i promise everyone will enjoy them!

1 comment:

  1. erin, I want to be daring and try this but I don't like tuna or hard boiled eggs, I'm a little frightened to give it a whirl. Maybe next time I come up I can come to your house and we can have these that way if I don't like them I will politely leave and head to the local Wendy's :)

    ReplyDelete